Avigilon Alta: Cloud-based CCTV
A smart modern video surveillance system
Avigilon Alta’s solutions safeguard your people and assets with proactive video security,
on an open cloud platform, that empower organisations to protect people and businesses
Avigilon Alta (formerly Ava Security)
If you want a smart modern CCTV system then look no further than Avigilon Alta, formerly Ava Security. It aims to empower organisations to protect people, businesses, and reputation with proactive, cloud-native video security.
- Add new cameras and integrate your CCTV system quickly
- Respond quickly to incidents on your site or among staff
- Proactively manage security even on the move
The security solution is based around its Avigilon Alta Aware Cloud video management system and its range of modern CCTV cameras that come with built-in AI video and audio analytics.
To provide added flexibility when you undertake a CCTV upgrade we offer the Avigilon Alta cloud connector which means you can easily connect your third-party cameras and sensors to the Avigilon Alta Aware cloud-based platform.
A range of AI-enabled cameras all with video and audio analytics and a 10-year warranty.
This video management system provides scalable, intelligent, cloud-based security. This will help you gain real-time visibility and insights from anywhere.
This provides a hub for local integrations to connect your existing third-party cameras and other sensors to the Avigilon Alta Aware video management system.
Why Avigilon Alta Cameras
All the cameras are designed in the UK and Norway and manufactured in Taiwan. The cameras feature:
- Built-in AI video and audio analytics: the cameras integrate advanced intelligence via image recognition, machine learning, and acoustics. The cameras detect abnormal behaviour and alert operators in real-time. The cameras also identify specific sound patterns, like screaming, gunshots, breaking glass, or loud noises, to determine the type of sound.
- Quick cloud-based deployment: the plug-and-play configuration removes the need for usernames and passwords, pre-configuration set-up, or default settings. You can also scan the unique QR codes on the cameras to onboard them to the Aware Cloud VMS
- Built-in infrared LED illumination: This enables night, or low-light vision; Ava Cameras are therefore optimised for daytime, and for low-light video capture.
- Option of built-in storage: Each model of Avigilon Alta Camera includes variants that either include onboard storage, or that are designed to hand off the storage tasks. The cloud cameras have onboard storage designed specifically for video surveillance use. Ava Cloud Cameras include options for 30, 60 or 120 days of data retention. The cameras require only a PoE connection to your internet-connected network to be able to communicate with your Aware Cloud deployment. Ava Cameras without onboard storage work alongside the Ava Cloud Connectors, which handles the video and metadata storage, as well as retrieval tasks. This provides you with more options for storage retention, and includes greater resiliency for your data.
- 10 year warranty
You can choose a camera to suit your needs:
- 5MP Compact Dome: Ideal for discreet indoor setups, it captures every detail in demanding light conditions, making the series an ideal solution for retailers, hotels, schools, offices, gyms, and more
- 4k Dome: Robust enough for both the harshest outdoor installations and discreet indoor environments, it captures every detail day and night, in all light conditions.
- Ava 360 (Fisheye camera): AI-powered 360 panoramic security camera is ideal for locations that require coverage in all directions. Installed either indoors or outdoors, our panoramic camera captures wide scenes in high resolution in even the harshest of environments and with low light.
- 4k Bullet: the camera seizes critical details from any outdoor or indoor location. With two powerful wide and tele lenses, a 4K image sensor, IR illumination, and optical zoom, it helps you capture clear and sharp images in challenging light conditions.
- Ava Quad: the camera’s adjustable sensors and zoom lenses deliver complete coverage to up to four different areas over wide outdoor or indoor areas, such as large crossroads, car parks, campuses, and stadiums. The Quad security camera features four independent 5MP sensors that allow it to deliver excellent image quality in areas with high contrast lighting.
Video Management System: Avigilon Alta Aware
Aware is available as a powerful cloud-based AI video management system (VMS) or the on-premise Aware VMS that can be run on the Avigilon Alta Cloud Connectors. Aware is suitable for both large, distributed enterprise installations and small deployments and analyses all the video feeds from all your Avigilon Alta and third-party cameras all the time and in real-time. It identifies objects and events, sending instant alarms based on rules and unusual activity detection. With Aware, you can also quickly search by event, object, and similarity to find a specific person, vehicle, or event of interest through countless hours of video within seconds or minutes.
The platform is open, scalable, secure, and easy to use. You can leverage Aware’s open API and connect it to your existing sensors, access control systems, dashboards, external viewers, or communication systems to get a 360-degree overview of your environment. What’s more, Aware helps you manage all your devices and security across sites with a simple web-based interface and Android and iOS apps accessible from anywhere without additional plugins or configurations.
Avigilon Alta takes cyber-security seriously by providing full compliance and security by default with Aware, delivering complete peace of mind to your IT team. With automatic updates of the software from the cloud, end-to-end encrypted data and metadata, and secure remote access from anywhere in the world, it’s never been easier to prevent cybersecurity threats. All the Avigilon Alta product licenses are managed through the cloud, enabling a controlled, proactive process for ensuring your system is always up-to-date.
Instead of ripping out your security and monitoring system you can use Cloud Connector to integrate 3rd party cameras and other monitoring devices, like the HALO Smart Sensor, to the Avigilon Alta Aware Cloud video management system. This means you will extend the same real-time event detection, proactive notifications, and search capabilities across your entire deployment with one interface for direct cloud-connected Ava devices and existing on-premises cameras. The Connector also provides the video storage if you opt for an Avigilon Alta camera without onboard storage.
The benefits of the Cloud Connector:
- Hub for local integrations: Bring cloud benefits to your existing cameras
- Real-time AI for all cameras: Make your cameras smart with scalable and advanced real-time AI
- Single interface for all cameras: Monitor and manage your entire deployment from anywhere, through a simple web interface or app
- Local video access: Gain direct access to live and stored video footage and keep complete resilience to network and service outage.
- Enhanced security: The hardened Linux kernel and encrypted data provide strong security of your data and recordings. Equipped with a dedicated Trusted Platform Module, the Cloud Connector minimizes the risks of cyberthreats.
- Cost-effective storage: Long retention storage is available on the Cloud Connector.
Avigilon Alta will benefit a range of sectors
Schools and universities face a range of threats to their students, personnel, buildings, and grounds. When the property is large security managers need to keep track of various locations: outdoor and indoor areas, playgrounds, sports fields, research laboratories, libraries, canteens, and more.
With Avigilon Alta Aware we can offer you an advanced CCTV solution that integrates easily with existing surveillance cameras you may have as well as other systems so you can keep your people more secure and protected more efficiently.
Avigilon Alta provides a complete set of security solutions that can help you create a safe and secure environment and protect your students, staff and visitors. The Avigilon solution offers:
- Easy to use, but advanced, video management software
- Powerful search capabilities allowing you to sorts through hours of footage with ease to quickly locate a specific person or vehicle
- The ability to integrate with an access control solution including its on (formerly the Openpath solution)
The retail sector is facing challenging times with customers increasingly choosing to make purchases online but when they are out they are more demanding. However, the long-standing problems of shop-lifting and risk of break-ins continue. We know that smaller retailers may face cost pressures but want to invest in better ways to protect their stock and their staff, while larger retailers may want to expand their security and improve their ability to manage situations and people better.
With Avigilon Alta Aware CCTV operators can easily search for people and vehicles and detect unusual activity within a retail site. This allows you to be more proactive and engage with security guards so they can more easily locate people who are suspected of shoplifting or causing damage. This video management system also integrates easily with existing surveillance cameras you may have as well as other systems so you can keep your people more secure and protected more efficiently.
Avigilon Alta Aware can support the hospitality and leisure sector to improve customer experience as well as protect guests and staff. The video management platform allows you to provide both security and safety for your guests. While the COVID 19 pandemic seems less of a threat due to the vaccine programme and improved treatments preventing the spread of infectious diseases is important to protect staff and guests.
The Avigilon Alta Aware video management software allows help hospitality staff to track occupancy, prevent overcrowding, and ensure social distancing when necessary. Additionally Ava Aware allows you to keep guest secure through intelligent analytics and real-time incident detection. The cloud-based platform is also easy to integrate with other security and protection systems such as electronic access control and the HALO smart sensors which can provide you with added peace of mind.
Protecting commercial office and large residential blocks requires a range of security and monitoring functions. This could include monitoring lobby personnel, protecting data centre closets and mechanical rooms, safeguarding customers, and delivering insights into building energy efficiency.
The easy-to-deploy video management solution offered by Avigilon Alta Aware means those professionals charged with protecting the building can act proactively by having intelligent, immediate alerts to avoid threats from becoming incidents and the ability to search quickly to detect unusual activity within footage.
It means CCTV operators or administrators need minimal training with credential-driven access to have an impact on the operating environment. The ability to integrate security and monitoring systems with Avigilon Alta improves the efficiency of your systems even more.
Healthcare facilities care about the safety of their patients, staff, and their property. Risks to sites include the theft and loss of medication and equipment and this is where the healthcare sector can gain from advanced CCTV and analytics.
The cloud-based CCTV provided by Avigilon Alta means it is simple to improve your security system and integrate other measures you install such as intruder alarms, access control and smart sensors like the Halo. Additionally features within Aware such as smart search, the ability to highlight unusual activity will make your security system more efficient.
This will help healthcare providers to better, and more proactively, protect staff and patients.
Please contact one of our specialists to find out more about Ava cameras and how they can help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
CCTV is a great way of providing security, safeguarding and can provide Health & Safety compliance. Be careful when venturing into the world of CCTV and make sure that CCTV is the only option and also ensure that you are working with a qualified supplier. Security Group is certified with the SSAIB.
Ava Security began in 2018, and four years later, it was delivering cloud-native video security to enterprises around the world. The cameras are designed in the UK and Norway, then manufactured in Taiwan.
Since March 2022 the company has been owned by Motorola Solutions. In March 2023 Motorola Solutions brought together Ava Security’s video portfolio and Openpath’s access control solutions into an integrated cloud-native security suite, Avigilon Alta.
The platform is open, scalable, secure, and easy to use. Aware is available as a powerful cloud-based AI video management system (VMS) or the on-premise Aware VMS that can be run on the Avigilon Alta Cloud Connectors. Aware is suitable for both large, distributed enterprise installations and small deployments and analyses all the video feeds from all your Avigilon Alta and third-party cameras all the time and in real-time. It identifies objects and events, sending instant alarms based on rules and unusual activity detection. With Aware, you can also quickly search by event, object, and similarity to find a specific person, vehicle, or event of interest through countless hours of video within seconds or minutes.
Avigilon Alta’s security cameras are manufactured in Taiwan.