Providing you with footage of your site that is of
high quality and easy to access
Wide camera choice to suit your needs
Different cameras are required for different purposes. Security Group will ensure that to fulfil your needs outside and inside cameras are mounted in the correct place and we have chosen the correct camera for the purpose required.
Advanced PTZ (pan-tilt-zoom) cameras, for example, will give you wide fields of vision and the ability to go up close while a fisheye camera can ensure busy reception areas or rooms with several exits are covered.
CCTV: Giving you peace of mind
Once we have spent time with you designing a bespoke cctv installation you will have everything you need to feel safe in your home or business. We operate in Bristol, across south-west England and in south Wales.
By having CCTV you will have both a deterrent and a method of recording evidence if a crime does occur. For businesses it can also help with meeting health and safety requirements.
Easy to use software
Once the cameras are installed managing your views and being able to retrieve recorded footage of an incident will make your life so much easier because of the software’s many advanced features.
The system we install will help you find any footage or images quickly. This means you will be able to find out the exact times of events and bookmark relevant footage for later use.
Analytics: Keeping your system smart
Video management software can identify people, cars or lorries as categories. The facial recognition and appearance search functions within the latest software means CCTV operators can protect their sites even better than ever.
Meanwhile licence plate analytics automatically reads licence plate information from vehicles, linking it to live and recorded video.
CCTV remote management across sites
Wherever you are you can log into your CCTV management software system with a device that is connected to the internet. This gives you the ability to see what is happening on your site from your smart device whenever you need.
Reducing insurance costs
Having a CCTV security system will give you peace of mind and also help reduce your insurance premiums because you will be protecting your property.
An advanced CCTV Security System
Our range of advanced cameras includes Bullet and Dome Cameras, combining the highest image quality with the latest technology.
Advanced software gives you the brains the behind the CCTV cameras. The advanced technology, combined with an intuitive and easy to use interface means surveillance has never been simpler.
Advanced appliances allow you to have the video management software in a plug and play device which means set up is quicker than ever.
If you want a cost-effective solution this will be perfect for you.
Latest edge solution NVRs appliances mean we can now provide a cost-effective option offering the full range of advanced analytics.
Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) cameras bring wide area coverage, high-speed movement and long range detail, empowering security operators with 360° views to monitor large areas with ease.
Multi-sensor cameras offer the ability to gain more CCTV coverage with fewer cameras. over wide outdoor or indoor areas, such as car parks, school grounds, university campuses, and stadiums.
CCTV Logbook: Asset management and compliance tool
A modern IP CCTV camera system is more than just the cameras and the video recorder, you need to ensure that you have an effective IT system and proper power management. As your CCTV installer, and potentially long-term CCTV partner, we want you to be able to manage your CCTV installation for the long-term. If you continue with a maintenance contract after the initial 12 months we want to provide the best service we can which is why we offer all of our customers CCTV Logbook.
CCTV Logbook will prompt you to consider back-up power systems and switches are maintained. Being able to view the list of cameras along with details of the PoE switch, switch port connections and other assets, such as UPS devices, along with their maintenance logs, dates when firmware updates, or when cables were changed is invaluable.
Additionally if you sign up for CCTV Logbook’s compliance package you will have the peace of mind to know that your CCTV system is compliant in respect of data protection requirements and you are following industry best practice.
SSAIB certification: Trust in our CCTV installers
Security Group is certified under the Security Systems & Alarms Inspection Board’s (SSAIB) Electronic Security Systems Scheme which means we will install and maintain your CCTV system in compliance with appropriate standards and codes of conduct.
We have also demonstrated that we will design CCTV Systems that are appropriate to the nature of the risk identified; compliant with relevant legislation such as the The Human Rights Act and Data Protection requirements and satisfy the agreed operational requirements.
How we help you choose the right security solutions
The Security Group Engineers are experts in a range of CCTV solutions and by working with you can recommend the right solution and adapt it to your specific needs.
Providing a comprehensive security system
When we talk to new clients we will aim to provide you with integrated solutions so we will begin by carrying out a complete security audit. We can advise you on the steps you can take to keep your premises secure and ensure existing CCTV and other security systems are still meeting your needs. We are also specialists in intruder alarms and access control and have partnered with companies such as Paxton, Avigilon and Orisec who have developed their software to enable them to integrate their platforms with others making managing your security easier. Avigilon is our CCTV partner and its video management software, Access Control Center, works seamlessly with its access control solution, Avigilon Access Control Manager, while Paxton10 fully integrates CCTV and access control.
Understanding all the latest CCTV technology
The Ecl-ips engineers take time to understand the latest CCTV software and products from our partners and suppliers which means we can save you time by understanding the latest solutions and how they could help you when we visit your premises and conduct the security audit.
We will create a bespoke CCTV security system using the latest technology and advise you on the best solution for you. We will also show you how you can get the best out of remote and cloud services which will give you the ability to manage your CCTV system wherever you are along with your access control and intruder alarms systems.
Our CCTV Partners
Avigilon, now part of Motorola Solutions, designs and manufactures high-definition surveillance solutions. In March 2023 Motorola Solutions rebranded Avigilon’s products and software as Avigilon Unity while the cloud-based solutions provided by Ava Security and Openpath were rebranded as Avigilon Alta.
Its industry-leading video management software and megapixel cameras are reinventing surveillance by providing the world’s best image quality combined with the latest analytics technology giving you powerful tools such as facial recognition and appearance search capabilities.
With open components you can customise your own powerful, scalable and cost-effective surveillance solution. With all of the Avigilon hardware and software designed and manufactured in North America, you will always get the best quality and the most reliable products in the industry.
Key CCTV solutions offering you advanced surveillance and analytics
- Advanced Cameras: The Avigilon cameras are all network connected and offer a large and variable range of devices with a resolution from 1 Megapixel to 30 Megapixels. The latest camera range which includes embedded analytics, the Avigilon H5A cameras are available as bullet, dome and box cameras as well as the more specialist PTZ, Fisheye, Dual Head and Explosion-Protected Cameras. In addition to cameras we can also now offer the Halo sensor, providing an extra layer of monitoring in discreet areas.
- Video management software: The Avigilon Control Center (ACC) video management software is easy to use and offers advanced analytics. Its latest version, ACC 7, was launched in June 2019 and has already seen many improvements, including more advanced facial recognition and appearance search capabilities. The software is designed to bring the right information to you so that you can take action and the AI-enabled user interface helps to ensure critical events do not go unnoticed.
- Remote Management Tools: If you have upgraded to ACC 7.4 or higher you can use Avigilon Cloud Services (ACS) which makes it incredibly easy to remotely access your CCTV footage. ACS allows you to use a Chrome or safari browser to access camera lists, view live and recorded video, control PTZ movements, export snapshots and video on MP4 format. Users have the ability to access both their camera views and bookmark views.
- Manage Multiple Sites: You can manage multiple sites from one platform. ACS can also be used with the ACC Mobile 3 app. This provides timely and proactive responses to analytic alarms sent from ACC software as push notifications to the ACC Mobile 3 app.
- Video Recorder for Small Organisations: Avigilon had developed advanced video recording appliances so you we can develop a truly cutting-edge surveillance camera system for you. If you want a cost-effective solution the ACC ES (Edge Solution) 8-port (8P) Appliance could be perfect as you only need to buy ACC licences for the number of IP cameras you have and provides an analytics-ready, secure and flexible solution for smaller-sized organisations.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) Network Video Recorder (NVR): This is a cost-effective, plug-and-play appliance which combines high-performance recording with video analytics in an easy-to-deploy turnkey solution. The appliance has an embedded Operating System, which can be remotely managed with ACS.
If you want a comprehensive CCTV solution and you are a small business or homeowner taking a first step into an advanced surveillance camera system we can offer competitively-priced Avigilon CCTV packages.
If you want a smart modern CCTV system then look no further than Avigilon Alta. Avigilon Alta aims to empower organisations to protect people, businesses, and reputation with proactive, cloud-native video security.
Key Benefits of the Avigilon Alta system:
- Add new cameras and integrate your CCTV system quickly
- Respond quickly to incidents on your site or among staff
- Proactively manage security even on the move
Avigilon Alta’s security solution is based around its Avigilon Alta Aware Cloud video management system (VMS) . The platform is open, scalable, secure, and easy to use. Aware is a powerful cloud-based AI VMS equipped with integrated machine learning capabilities. Ava also offers a range of modern CCTV cameras that come with built-in AI video and audio analytics.
All the cameras are designed in the UK and Norway and manufactured in Taiwan. The cameras feature:
- Built-in AI video and audio analytics: the cameras integrate advanced intelligence via image recognition, machine learning, and acoustics. The cameras detect abnormal behaviour and alert operators in real-time. The cameras also identify specific sound patterns, like screaming, gunshots, breaking glass, or loud noises, to determine the type of sound.
- Quick cloud-based deployment: Ava’s plug-and-play configuration removes the need for usernames and passwords, pre-configuration set-up, or default settings. You can also scan the unique QR codes on the cameras to onboard them to the Aware Cloud VMS
- Built-in infrared LED illumination: This enables night, or low-light vision; Ava Cameras are therefore optimised for daytime, and for low-light video capture.
- Option of built-in storage: Each model of Ava Camera includes variants that either include onboard storage, or that are designed to hand off the storage tasks. Ava Cloud Cameras have onboard storage designed specifically for video surveillance use. Ava Cloud Cameras include options for 30, 60 or 120 days of data retention. Ava Cloud Cameras require only a PoE connection to your internet-connected network to be able to communicate with your Aware Cloud deployment. Ava Cameras without onboard storage work alongside the Ava Cloud Connectors, which handles the video and metadata storage, as well as retrieval tasks.. This provides you with more options for storage retention, and includes greater resiliency for your data.
- 10 year warranty
Avigilon Alta Aware is available as a powerful cloud-based AI video management system (VMS) or the on-premise Aware VMS that can be run on the Avigilon Alta Cloud Connectors. Aware is suitable for both large, distributed enterprise installations and small deployments and analyses all the video feeds from all your Ava and third-party cameras all the time and in real-time. It identifies objects and events, sending instant alarms based on rules and unusual activity detection. With Aware, you can also quickly search by event, object, and similarity to find a specific person, vehicle, or event of interest through countless hours of video within seconds or minutes.
The platform is open, scalable, secure, and easy to use. You can leverage Aware’s open API and connect it to your existing sensors, access control systems, dashboards, external viewers, or communication systems to get a 360-degree overview of your environment. What’s more, Aware helps you manage all your devices and security across sites with a simple web-based interface and Android and iOS apps accessible from anywhere without additional plugins or configurations. To provide added flexibility when you undertake a CCTV upgrade we offer the Avigilon Alta cloud connector which means you can connect your third-party cameras and sensors to the Ava Aware cloud-based platform.
Avigilon Alta takes cyber-security seriously by providing full compliance and security by default with Aware, delivering complete peace of mind to your IT team. With automatic updates of the software from the cloud, end-to-end encrypted data and metadata, and secure remote access from anywhere in the world, it’s never been easier to prevent cybersecurity threats. All the Avigilon Alta product licenses are managed through the cloud, enabling a controlled, proactive process for ensuring your system is always up-to-date.
Frequently Asked Questions
You only realise that you really need CCTV when you have had an incident on your site that you want to investigate. Security Group will install CCTV due to Health & Safety requirements as well as to solve security issues which is the usual use for CCTV.
1. Crime prevention: CCTV systems are a deterrent against criminal activity.
2. Provision of evidence: If a crime or an accident does occur you have the footage to show evidence that can be used by law enforcers if necessary.
3. Safeguarding staff and others: CCTV has been shown to encourage good behaviour, and if people believe they are protected and safe they will perform better.
We would recommend that you seek advice from CCTV specialists that are accredited with one of the industry’s professional bodies such as the Security Systems & Alarms Inspection Board’s (SSAIB). They will consider a variety of factors such as the size of your premises, the type of organisation that you are, what you are trying to achieve with your CCTV system and whether you are likely to want to expand or change your system in the future. By coming on site and understanding your organisation they can recommend the CCTV system that will work for you and provide more details such as what cameras to use and where they should be sited.
Security Group recommends the Avigilon Unity and Avigilon Alta cloud-based systems precisely because they are scalable and there are a range of cameras to suit different requirements. Additionally, the Avigilon Unity Video and the Avigilon Alta Aware software is easy to use, but incredibly powerful. If you would like us to visit you and carry out a free site survey contact us.
Yes, this is now available on both the Avigilon Unity and Avigilon Alta CCTV systems that we offer. Users have the ability to access both their camera views and bookmark views. This includes providing you with remote access to your CCTV system using your mobile device if you have an internet connection.
However, you should be aware that as soon as you open up your cameras to the internet there is a security risk. Please make sure that you don’t use admin or administrator as usernames or any default usernames or passwords on your systems.
If your organisation has a commercial CCTV system, or you are about to have a system installed, you need to be aware of data protection laws. In the UK this means complying with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018), which incorporated the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We have extensive experience of this and most CCTV systems can be upgraded. If it is an analogue system this is made quite easy with Avigilon Unity encoders or if you have an IP connected system you have more options with ONVIF compliant cameras. The main process here is working out what you would like to achieve by upgrading and giving you the best solution we can.
Remotely monitored detector-activated CCTV systems which we install can be issued with an URN as we are a SSAIB-certified company. Standards compliant companies that oversee remotely monitored detector-activated CCTV systems, known as RVRCs, and Security Group, will ensure that your system will meet the requirements needed for you to have a police response if it is required. Security Group’s parent company, Ecl-ips, is a National Securities Inspectorate (NSI) accredited company and its security systems also meets the rigorous requirements of the National Police Chiefs Council (NPCC).
Security Group operates across south-west England and into South Wales. We have clients across this region including in Bristol, Bath and in other towns in Somerset and Wiltshire. Our address is 2530 Aztec West, Ground Floor, Aztec West, Almondsbury, BS32 4AW and we can be contacted by telephone: 0117 914 1180 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are outside this area and are interested in CCTV, intruder alarms or access control then take a look at the website of our parent company, Ecl-ips.
A modern IP CCTV system is more than just the cameras and the video recorder you need to ensure that you have an effective IT system and proper power management. The CCTV Logbook portal will prompt you to consider back-up power systems and switches are maintained. Being able to view the list of cameras along with details of the PoE switch, switch port connections and other assets, such as UPS devices, along with their maintenance logs, dates when firmware updates, or when cables were changed is invaluable.
By following the 12 Guiding Principle of the Surveillance Camera Commissioner’s Code of Practice the CCTV Logbook compliance package helps you follow best practice and meet data protection obligations.