If you want to prevent overcrowding, manage office space or ensure only accredited staff enter protected areas then the Avigilon Alta, formerly Ava Security, Aware Cloud software makes this simple with its line crossing rule. If you are based in Bristol, Bath or elsewhere in south-west England or south Wales we can help you make the most of this advanced CCTV software.
This Aware feature can be used with all of the Avigilon Alta/Ava CCTV cameras as well as third-party cameras that you have integrated with the software. This includes outdoor cameras enabling you to allocate parking spaces and improve vehicle movements.
Setting up the line crossing rule in Aware
From the Aware platform you can set up this beneficial feature by selecting the rules tab. You can then select the plus item at the top to create a new rule. Within that page you can indicate at the top what exactly you want to trigger a notification.
For example, if you want to control numbers of people within a space you would:
- Type in occupancy trigger.
- Indicate what you want to detect, by selecting the line crossing button. Once this is selected, press next.
- On this page, you can choose the person option – there is also the choice of all objects or vehicles.
- On the following page you can choose the specific camera or cameras where this rule would apply that covers the area you are monitoring.
- Dragging your cursor, you can draw a line which indicates the boundary of the area you want to control.
- You can then also indicate with arrows in which direction the movement can be detected. If you want you can choose a different exit and entry line, for example if you want to monitor an emergency route.
- You can also then set up when you want the feature to be active whether this is constantly or within set hours.
- Finally, you can select one or more users to receive the notifications about this rule.
The line crossing rule notifications can be sent as emails, text messages, online pop-ups or even by webhooks, which are the automated messages sent from apps when something happens.
To find out more about the range of uses for the line crossing feature, and to see it in action, watch this video.
Benefits of Aware Software
Aware will analyse all the video feeds from all your Ava and third-party cameras all the time and in real-time. It identifies objects and events, sending instant alarms based on rules and unusual activity detection. With Aware you can also quickly search by event, object, and similarity to find a specific person, vehicle, or event of interest through countless hours of video within seconds or minutes.
Additionally, cyber security is designed into the product from the start, not added as an afterthought. There is two-factor authentication to log into the Aware platform and the administrator has complete control over who can access your system. The other key features of the Aware system are:
- Always-on analytics – so you can be pro-active with the Ava analytics telling you what is happening right now, with alerts and alarms to bring these events to your attention.
- Flexibility to get the best camera views – allowing you to select the best view so your operators gain a better, clearer understanding of different events captured by the camera and customise layouts.
- Ability to investigate events quickly with Smart Search – allowing you to perform appearance and image detection powered by machine learning capabilities to comb through countless hours of video
- Ability to use Ava Aware mobile app: you can monitor cameras remotely and security staff can receive alarms while on patrol
- Ability to integrate with other devices, including the Halo Smart Sensor, which extends your capability to protect people
How we can help
We are specialists in designing bespoke security and monitoring systems and creating more integrated solutions such as those offered by the cloud-based CCTV and access control from Avigilon Alta. The cloud-based solution provided by Aware means it is flexible and we can deploy it across a range of sectors and types of property.
We already provide advanced CCTV to a range of premises, both domestic and commercial, in south-west England and believe the power of the Aware software will enable organisations to be more effective in protecting your people and your property. To find out more contact us.